Monday, March 23, 2009

3 Women (1977)


A long, long time ago (1977) in a galaxy (California "which sure does look a lot like Texas") far, far away, there were three women: Pinky, Millie, and Willie.


This is the film I had in mind when I wanted to start blogging about cinema. I don't know what the future holds for the digital age of cinema. I have to admit I absolutely love softly- lit films. There's a certain lack of literal focus to the image, and the light hits everything in a wonderfully blended and blurred way.


I had no idea how little Sissy Spacek is; or maybe, Shelley Duvall is quite tall. No matter. Spacek has beautiful golden hair in this one. The painted murals in the pool are amazing against the backdrop of the desert. I love all of the images in the film of Janice Rule.


The score is something else; it's a mix of dark tones with whistles. See it...at least three times.

No comments: